I am not a ceramic artist...

Video thumbnail. Click to play
watch?

Today is the day I make peace with my failure* as a ceramic artist. I'm converting my studio from a clay workshop into something else which I haven't quite defined yet, let's just say a multi-media production shop (which will include everything from cardboard to digital media). So I took the last sculptures I made (they've been sitting in the studio staring at me for almost 3 years) and made a little sculpture garden. These are all unfired; they will give way to the elements sooner than later, which I'll probably record.

Things change.

Breathe in, breathe out, move on.

(* by conventional art and craft standards...)

1 comment:

shara said...

Please do record the changes. I love the sculpture garden. I can almost hear bells.